Pronoun


what is pronoun? Pronoun is a part of  speech which replace a noun. It replace a noun because of several reason such as redundancy or repetition.

Mind Map of Pronoun



Grammarians classify pronouns into several types, including the personal pronoun, the demonstrative pronoun, the interrogative pronoun, the indefinite pronoun, the relative pronoun, the reflexive pronoun, and the intensive pronoun. 


Personal Pronoun


Personal pronouns represent specific people or things. We use them depending on:
  • number: singular (eg: I) or plural (eg: we)
  • person: 1st person (eg: I), 2nd person (eg: you) or 3rd person (eg: he)
  • gender: male (eg: he), female (eg: she) or neuter (eg: it)
  • case: subject (eg: we) or object (eg: us)
We use personal pronouns in place of the person or people that we are talking about. My name is Josef but when I am talking about myself I almost always use "I" or "me", not "Josef". When I am talking direct to you, I almost always use "you", not your name. When I am talking about another person, say John, I may start with "John" but then use "he" or "him". And so on.
Here are the personal pronouns, followed by some example sentences:
numberpersongenderpersonal pronouns
subjectobject
singular1stmale/femaleIme
2ndmale/femaleyouyou
3rdmalehehim
femalesheher
neuteritit
plural1stmale/femaleweus
2ndmale/femaleyouyou
3rdmale/female/neutertheythem

Examples (in each case, the first example shows a subject pronoun, the second an object pronoun):
  • I like coffee.
  • John helped me.
  • Do you like coffee?
  • John loves you.
  • He runs fast.
  • Did Ram beat him?
  • She is clever.
  • Does Mary know her?
  • It doesn't work.
  • Can the engineer repair it?
  • We went home.
  • Anthony drove us.
  • Do you need a table for three?
  • Did John and Mary beat you at doubles?
  • They played doubles.
  • John and Mary beat them.
Personal Pronoun Video

0 komentar:

Post a Comment