Hobbies

Talking about your hobbies in English is a great way to find friends who you can practice speaking English with. Because your hobbies interest you, you'll be more motivated to talk about them even if speaking English is difficult for you. Use our learning community to find others who share your interests, or look online to find English-language communities for your hobby. There's something for everyone, even if your hobby is very rare or unusual. What's your favorite hobby? How much time do you spend every week on it? How did you get interested in that hobby?


Video about Hobbies

What do you do in your spare time?


Here is the sort of question about hobbies :

  • What do you think are some of the most popular hobbies that people have?
  • Why do people have hobbies?
  • Which hobbies are the most popular in your country?
  • Which hobbies are the most popular with women in your country?
  • Which hobbies are the most popular with men in your country?
  • Which hobbies are popular with children?
  • What do you do in your free time?
  • How much time do you usually spend on your hobbies?
  • What do your hobbies say about you?
  • Have your hobbies changed throughout the years? Why?
  • Are your hobbies expensive?
  • What hobbies would you like to try soon?
  • What are the strangest hobbies you have heard of?
  • What hobbies would you like to try but have no courage trying out yet?
  • What is your number one hobby?
  • How long have you had this hobby?
  • Why did you start your hobby?
  • Can you make money from doing your hobby?
  • Does your hobby interfere with your work or personal life?
  • Does your hobby influence your choice of friends?
  • Which hobbies are the most expensive?
  • Which hobbies are the cheapest?
  • Did you have any hobbies when you were a child?
  • Are there any hobbies you would like to try?
  • Which hobbies do you think are the most difficult?
  • Are there any activities that you used to do but don’t do anymore? Why did you stop?



Possible Responses:

"I am really/quite into...(verb+ing/gerund + noun)."
"My interests and/or hobbies are....(verb+ing/gerund + noun)."
"I really like/enjoy..."
"In my spare/free time I like to _________."
"I like to __________ (list  hobby/hobbies) for fun."
"I like to...."
"My hobby is/hobbies are...."
"I am really keen on ____________ (verb+ing/gerund + noun)."
"I like/enjoy relaxing to ________ (noun)."
"I relax by _________ (verb+ing/gerund + noun)."

List of Reasons Why:


"...because it's a great way to relieve stress."/"...because it's a great stress reliever."
"...because it helps me to relax."
"...because it's fun and interesting."
"...because it's exciting/(other adjectives)."
"...because it helps me meditate/to clear my head/mind."
"...because it helps me to think."
"...because it's a great way to escape/get away from the everyday."
"...because it's a great form of meditation."
"...because my mom/dad/friend introduced me to it (and I've been doing it ever since)."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment